Monday, April 7, 2008

New pieces...

Monday already??? Boy, this weekend wasn't long enough! :) LOL

I had a good weekend...not very eventful, but good! :) Saturday, I finished up my piece for the Wire Artisans Guild weekly theme challenge. This weeks theme was "whirligig," a theme picked by Shirley of hergypsysoul on Etsy.

For my piece, I actually made a demi parure or set...necklace and earrings. When I thought about whirligigs, beautiful spinning sculptures came to mind......which, of course, was followed by the question "how did they make that???" From that, my mind shifted gears (LOL) to the working parts and gears used to create such a piece. So, this is my interpretation of the gears....working parts moving together in unison for one grand purpose! :)


I also made posted 2 other pieces today on Etsy. Both are earrings...

Loopity-Loop Earrings ------ They are sterling and apatitie.

....and Pretty in Pink - Earrings ------ These earrings are made with sterling and feature genuine mystic pink topaz briolettes, multi-colored tourmaline rondelles, and TINY pink topaz rondelles.



That's all for now! :)

xoxo

No comments: