Friday, May 16, 2008

....still Friday! :)

Okay...so I had to write a little more...out and about town, I took a few more pictures.....

By the way, I took all of these with the camera on my cell phone, so they aren't the best quality! :)

I'm a strong believer in Karma...so normally, I wouldn't take a picture of someones car, or poke fun at anyone, but I couldn't resist this one...

Yes, someone was actually driving it...it was in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Gastonia. ...note the boat and fishing rods sticking out of the back....the boat has a huge sticker down the side of it that says "Gone Fishing."



About 2 weeks ago, we had to go downtown to the court house, to file the 90-day inventory papers for my grandma's estate. I took these while I was there...

This is the focal point of the atrium....it is a kinetic sculpture created by Ralph Helmick and Stuart Schechter, called Persistence of Vision. It is actually 3200 pewter heads, that are hanging on cables...the move to create different profiles that are supposed to reflect the "demographic of Mecklenburg County."

...and then the hand, called "Integrity," is one of my favorites! ...by Hoss Haley...it's about 8 feet tall! :) I just wanted to go over and sit in it! :) LOL

Anyway...that's all for today! :)

XOXO

No comments: