Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sometimes I just can't believe how fast time flies by. I always have good intentions of blogging, but never seem to follow through. I think the biggest problem is that I have no concept of time! I often get tied up in a project and before I know it, hours have passed in what seemed like mere seconds. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing...but what I can tell you is that I love creating things. I love art...making jewelry...painting...ANYTHING creative.

Anyway, as summer comes to an end and fall begins, I am feeling more inspired than I have in months. I'm not sure why...maybe it's something in the air! :) The past two or three weeks I have been working on quite a few new pieces. I'm learning some new techniques and really enjoying experimenting with metal and soldering. One of the main things on my agenda in the coming days will be to restock my Etsy shop. It's been a little bare for a few months. I've had several people ask what happened to all the jewelry. This is kind of a 2 part answer! LOL ;) First, the jewelry in the shop was sent to artSHAK studio + gallery in Southport, NC. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I am now selling my jewelry there...anyway, I'm very excited to share that it has been doing really well! Since January, I have been sending a new shipment every 3-4 weeks. I have sent close to 100 pieces since January! Back in April, we spent 5 days at Oak Island, and I stopped by to deliver quite a few pieces. I snapped a couple of shots of the gallery while I was there!


(My mom in the green and Linda, one of the owners.)

Okay, the second reason my Etsy shop is empty, is because I've been a little slack this summer! :) I have felt like a kid on summer vacation! ;) I spent most of the summer reading by the pool! I know, I'm terrible...but I read some great books! Anyway, as summer comes to an end, as will my slacking off...maybe! ;) You know, it was kind of a weird summer for me. I don't really know why...and I can't really explain it...hmmm. It was nice though. A little cooler than most summers here in the south. I went to Myrtle Beach in August. I haven't been there in years. Boy, it was hot the week we were there. It was the first time I had been there since they tore down the Pavilion. It's weird, and a little sad. Man, I could sure go for some ocean time now!!! ;)

I bought a new digital SLR camera a few months ago. It is really amazing...I've been playing around with it. This is the first camera I've ever had that isn't a point and shoot deal! When I purchased the camera, they gave me coupons for free classes. I can't wait to take some of them! I could definitely use the help! I did get a pretty cool shot if the moon a while back...

Speaking of classes...a few months ago I came across another artist's website...her name is Victoria Lansford...and I can not wait to take one of her classes. In the mean time, I'm going to order the DVD's! ;) I have to admit, I have been playing around with the torch and wire, with the russian filigree technique...but then again, I've always have been the type to have at it and ask questions later! ...but I'm still going to order the DVD's! ;) I wish there were some classes offered here, in Charlotte!!! :) Especially the locket class and the repoussé class. Here's a sneak peak of what I've been making...

I haven't decided what I want in the center of the flower yet...and haven't quite decided on the necklace either...heck, by the time I'm finished, it may not even have a pearl on it! I even stamped a "G" on the back of the flower for me! One day maybe I'll invest in a personalized stamp! :)







We need more classes in Charlotte, geared towards jewelry making and metalsmithing! Maybe I just haven't found them??? The truth is, I wish I could go back to school and get a degree in metalwork...I have tons of books, but there is only so much you can pick up through reading.

Anyway, enough rambling for now...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I love handmade jewelry. But i have not any knowledge about the handmade jewelry. Thats why i search on net and i get your articlr it so intersting and so informative also. So thanks for sharing with me such a nice article. For the discounts and offers visit on Mondera coupons